Cigarette Causes Fire at District Court Building

CLEARFIELD – Magisterial District Judge Richard Ireland’s Office was damaged by fire at 6:53 p.m. Friday after someone disposed of a cigarette into the bushes outside the office, the Lawrence Township Police Department reported.

Police said the cigarette smoldered and eventually caught the grass and hedge on fire at the district court building. Flames then melted the fascia below the roof. However, the fire was quickly extinguished by Mill Road Fire and Rescue.

There isn’t a damage estimate available at this time.

No Injuries Reported after Vehicle Collides with Bear
Alcohol-related Accident Reported in Warsaw Township

Leave a Reply