Police Report: Lawrence Township
- Someone was assisted after locking keys in their vehicle.
- A disorderly student was reported at the Clearfield Middle School. The student was transported to the police station and released to their parents.
- A bench warrant was served on a Columbus, OH man, and he was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Richard Ireland.
- An incident of harassment by communication was reported to police. Police were contacted about assisting with a civil issue in obtaining personal property. The person was referred to the Sheriff’s Department.
- An unwanted person was reported at the Lawrence Park Village. At arrival police informed the male that he wasn’t any longer permitted on the property; if he returned, he’d be arrested.
- An incident of identity theft is being investigated by police. A local man had someone use his social security number to obtain a line loan. Police are obtaining banking and checking information. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- A phone scam was investigated by police. Residents are being sent text messages about contacting a web site for free shopping sprees. Police contacted the company and learned the site doesn’t belong to it and these promotions weren’t being offered. The site is an attempt to obtain personal information for identity theft. Police advise residents not to provide personal information if they’re uncertain about its recipient.
- An incident of propulsion of missiles onto a highway is being investigated by police. In the Hyde area, a person was shooting paint balls at a school bus. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police were dispatched to Glen Richey to check the welfare of a woman. At arrival, a woman was found to be OK.
- A two-vehicle accident is being investigated that occurred on South Second Street. The operator of a Cleveland Brothers truck didn’t notice a car, as he was merging lanes and struck the car. No injuries were reported; both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- Police were called to assist another agency in contacting a township resident. They made contact with the person and provided the requested information.
- An incident of criminal trespass was reported at the Lawrence Park Villages. A female had previously been ordered from the property had returned. Police checked the area and didn’t observe her and attempted to interview people there, but no one wanted to provide a statement. Police cleared without further incident.
- A Plymptonville resident was assisted after locking their keys inside their vehicle.
- A possible DUI was reported and police stopped the vehicle. The driver wasn’t intoxicated but was tired and driving poorly. Police made sure the woman was awake and could continue driving home before releasing her.
- A barking dog was reported but it had been taken inside before police arrival.
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter.
How does this post make you feel?