Police Report: DuBois City
- On Sunday a 10-year-old girl was struck by a vehicle that was traveling at a high rate of speed and failed to stop at the intersection of Wood Street and West Washington Avenue. She was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
- An incident of burglary is currently under investigation that occurred Sunday at a residence in the 500 block of Pifer Street.
- A domestic dispute occurred between a man and his girlfriend Monday in the 300 block of Quarry Avenue. The man was trashing the residence but had left before police arrival. No arrests were made.
- A woman allegedly stole items Monday from the Tractor Supply Store on Beaver Drive. The incident remains under investigation.
- A residential alarm was reported Monday in the 300 block of South Avenue. Everything was found to be OK.
- An intoxicated male allegedly showed up for his son’s baseball game Monday at the city’s park. He was allegedly causing problems and left before police arrived. The man wasn’t located by police.
- On Monday, a 3-year-old child was found unattended in the 100 block of East Scribner Avenue. Police located the parent and contacted Children, Youth and Family Services.
- A 25-year-old Dubois man was cited for retail theft that occurred at Sheetz on April 8. The man removed $13.97 worth of merchandise from the store.
- A 35-year-old Punxsutawney woman was stopped for traffic violations Monday when she was intoxicated. She was taken into custody for suspicion of DUI.
- On Tuesday, an alarm was activated at the Choice Store on West DuBois Avenue. Everything was found to be OK.
- At approximately 2:12 a.m. Wednesday, a vehicle was observed traveling eastbound on West DuBois Avenue. The vehicle almost struck the right-hand curb before swerving into the center lane. It was traveling 40 miles per hour in a 25 miles per hour zone. After observing this, police initiated a traffic stop, determining the operator was under the influence of alcohol. The operator was advised he was under arrest for DUI, and charges are currently pending.
- At approximately 6:08 a.m. Wednesday, a disturbance occurred in the 100 block of West Scribner Avenue. At arrival police made contact with the involved parties. Both advised police they’d been engaged in a verbal argument. The parties were separated without further incident.
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter.
How does this post make you feel?