Posted On 18 Sep 2011 By Gant Team
- The investigation continues into an incident of theft that reportedly occurred sometime between 6 p.m. Thursday and 8 a.m. Friday at Acme Storage in Cooper Township, Clearfield County. Someone removed four tires from a 28-year-old Hawk Run man’s vehicle, while it was at the aforementioned location. A known suspect was found in possession of the tires, state police said. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- At 11 a.m. Thursday, a Warlock, B.C. Rich Bronze Series electric guitar was found along Rails to Trails behind the Water Street Flea Market in Morris Township. The guitar was black with beige decals and had a purple “Doctor Song” guitar strap. The owner should contact the Clearfield-based state police at 814-857-3800.
- The investigation continues into an incident of burglary that reportedly occurred sometime between 7 a.m. June 27 and 11 a.m. Friday along Knobs Road approximately one-quarter of a mile south of Odessa Road in Girard Township, Clearfield County. A person(s) gained entry into a 59-year-old Columbia, PA man’s camp, and once inside, they removed a sand mound alarm system and 300 pounds of aluminum flashing before fleeing the scene.
- The investigation continues into an incident of criminal mischief that reportedly occurred sometime between 8 p.m. Friday and 7 a.m. Saturday in Mountz Park in Gulich Township, Clearfield County. A person(s) drove their vehicle over the grassy field, leaving approximately 500 feet of tire marks. Damage is estimated at $200.
- Minor injuries were reported after a single-vehicle accident at 3:45 p.m. Friday along state Route 969 east of Harper Mine Road in Penn Township, Clearfield County. A 48-year-old Punxsutawney man was traveling too fast when attempting to negotiate a left curve in the roadway. At that point, his commercial truck overturned onto its driver’s side and struck the guiderails. His truck traveled another 120 feet, where it blocked both lanes of travel. The man wasn’t wearing his seatbelt at the time of the accident. He was transported to the Clearfield Hospital for medical treatment. He’ll be charged with for violating driving at safe speeds.
- At 3:44 a.m. Sunday, a 28-year-old Clearfield man was reportedly observed committing several traffic violations along Interstate 80 eastbound off-ramp at exit 120 in Lawrence Township, Clearfield County. Upon making contact with the man, it was determined he’d been imbibing alcoholic beverages. He subsequently attempted two field sobriety tests and failed both tests. He was placed under arrested for driving under the influence and transported to the Clearfield barracks, where he submitted to a breath test, which indicated 0.17 percent blood alcohol content. Charges of DUI and related summary offenses are to be filed against him through the district court in Clearfield.