STATE COLLEGE – The Chamber of Business & Industry of Centre County (CBICC) is pleased to announce the 2010 CBICC Award Finalists. The recipients of the awards will be announced during the Annual CBICC Awards Gala presented by SPE Federal Credit Union on March 3 from 5:15 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. at The Penn Stater Conference Center. The Chamber will recognize the outstanding contributions of area businesses & individuals within our community. The evening will begin with a cocktail hour sponsored by M&T Bank, followed by dinner and the award presentations. The award nominees are sponsored by Graystone Bank and MedExpress Urgent Care.
The 2010 awards to be presented include Community Service Award, Corporate Philanthropy Award, Small Business of the Year Award, Outstanding Technology Company Award, Excellence in Entrepreneurship Award, Quality of Life Award, CBICC Volunteer of the Year, CBICC Spirit Award, and CBICC Ambassador of the Year.
Congratulations to all 2010 Awards Finalists:
COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD
Sponsored by Centre County Community Foundation, Inc.
- Ted McDowell, AmeriServ Bank
- Karen Metzger, Curves
- Bob Ott (Posthumous Recognition), Centre County Government
CORPORATE PHILANTHROPY AWARD
Sponsored by Glenn O. Hawbaker Inc.
- Harrison’s Wine Grill & Catering
- Keller Engineers, Inc. & PennTerra Engineering, Inc.
- R.H. Marcon, Inc.
EXCELLENCE IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARD
Sponsored by Minitab, Inc.
- Edie Binkley, Lia Sophia Jewelry & Clothes Mentor
- Scott Good, Goodco Mechanical, Inc. & Energy Stewards Inc.
- Michael Rizzuto, Nittany Gymnastics Academy, Inc.
OUTSTANDING CBICC VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Sponsored by the Chamber of Business & Industry of Centre County
- B. Perry Babb, Keystone Business Support, Inc.
- Laurene Keck, Sweetland Engineering & Associates, Inc.
- Patti Michaels
OUTSTANDING TECHNOLOGY COMPANY OF THE YEAR AWARD
Sponsored by Sound Technology, Inc.
- Automated Records Centre
- Keystone Nano, Inc.
- Piezo-Kinetics, Inc.
QUALITY OF LIFE AWARD
Sponsored by Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Home Nursing Agency
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Tait Farm Foods’ Community Harvest
CBICC SPIRIT AWARD
Sponsored by Northwest Savings Bank
- BJ Clitherow, Energy Stewards Inc.
- Mary Ann Curren, Foxdale Village
- Colonel O.J. Johnston, Urish Popeck & Co., LLC
- Frances Stevenson, Kish Bank
- Jens Thorsen, The Hartman Group
SMALL BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD
Sponsored by First National Bank
- Nestlerode & Loy, Inc.
- Otto’s Pub & Brewery
- Redline Speed Shine
For more details on the CBICC Awards Gala visit www.cbicc.org or call 814-234-1829. Congratulations to all of these outstanding organizations and individuals on their achievements and their ability to make a positive impact in our communities!