Blue Cheese & Walnut Appetizer Tart
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
5 to 6 tablespoons ice water
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. For Pastry: In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water with fork until flour is just moistened. Shape into a ball and roll out on a lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle.
3. Transfer to a 9 or 10-inch tart or pie pan, pressing firmly onto bottom and up the sides of pan. Trim excess pastry and prick all over with fork.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes or until very lightly browned.
5. For Filling: Combine cream cheese and blue cheese in large mixing bowl, beating at medium speed until well blended and creamy. Gradually beat in the heavy cream, egg, salt and ground pepper until blended.
Spread over baked pastry. Sprinkle with the roasted red pepper, walnuts and parsley.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.