CLEARFIELD – PennDOT issues the following travel update for its I-80, Clearfield County project. These restrictions are for the week of May 25.
Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. of State College is the contractor on this $53 million project. All work is weather dependent. The contractor will not be working on Monday, May 25 in observance of the Memorial Day Holiday. Lane restrictions remain in place.
• Contractor will perform nighttime paving from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. in the closed westbound travel lane and shoulder.
• Other roadwork and lane restrictions will take place during daylight hours only.
• Contractor will be milling existing roadway of westbound on and off ramps at the DuBois/97 interchange.
• The eastbound right (travel) lane is restricted from mile marker 96, just west of the DuBois/Brockway exit (exit 97) to mile marker 106. Drivers will use the left (passing) lane.
• The westbound right (travel) lane is restricted from mile-marker 106 to mile marker 96, just west of the DuBois/Brockway exit (exit 97). Drivers will use the left (passing) lane.
• Work includes shoulder removal, sub-base placement, drainage upgrades and concrete deck repair.
• Speeds are reduced in the work zones to 45 MPH during working hours and 55 MPH during non-working hours. Please be alert for workers on the roadway.
PennDOT reminds motorists to travel with caution through work zones, obey posted speed limits, remain alert for stopped or slowed traffic and always buckle up. For more information on roadway construction and maintenance operations, visit PennDOT’s Web site.